THANK YOU! I cannot say it enough. It was your support that enabled donkeysaddle projects to accomplish vitally important work this year.
In 2013, your support allowed me to:
- Complete and launch I Am Troy Davis with Haymarket Books. Troy’s sister (Kimberly Davis) and I have traveled the country from Savannah to Chicago to Seattle, using the book I wrote with Troy’s sister Martina as a platform for critically important discussions about the death penalty.
- Edit Witness Bahrain, the in-process documentary film highlighting the inspiring activists who are steadfast in their struggle for freedom and democracy, despite increasing repression from the Bahraini regime.
- Speak about The Hour of Sunlight: One Palestinian’s Journey from Prisoner to Peacemaker in synagogues in Vermont and Chicago, and reach out to dozens of Rabbis and synagogues nation-wide with the book’s message of peace with equality and dignity for all.
- Film in Brazil and Honduras for the human rights organization Frontline Defenders.
- Present at universities throughout the U.S., from Utah to New York to Idaho, talking about Palestine/Israel, Bahrain, Sudan, the U.S. death penalty–and the common humanity linking all those who are resisting oppression with courage and dignity.
As always, there is much crucial work ahead. In 2014, I intend to:
- Continue to travel with I Am Troy Davis, as the Davis family and I bring the human face of the death penalty to audiences in Florida, California, Oregon and beyond.
- Complete the documentary film Witness Bahrain, with the intent of premiering it in the summer/fall of 2014
- Edit Gaza footage shot in late 2012, exposing Gaza’s humanitarian crisis and the long-term effects of trauma.
- Complete a short video that compares and contrasts Bloody Sunday in Northern Ireland to Black October in Israel
- Respond to human rights crises when and where I can, in the most effective way I am able.
Your donation will not only allow the successful completion of those projects; it will also support the vision of the world that donkeysaddle projects strives to cultivate; a world in which every person’s humanity and dignity are equally respected and equally protected.
donkeysaddle projects is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, a non-profit arts service organization. Contributions in donkeysaddle projects may be made payable to Fractured Atlas and are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
To make a secure online donation, please click here.
(Please consider making a monthly contribution, allowing donkeysaddle projects a regular stream of funding we can rely on!)
To donate by check, please click here.
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season, and a New Year in which we are all part of realizing that vision,
Founder, donkeysaddle projects